- This event has passed.
Hamilton: How to Launch an E-Commerce Site That Grows With You
September 20 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This workshop is a free IN-PERSON event for small businesses in Hamilton.
The event will be held on the 1st floor of Hamilton City Hall located at 71 Main St W. Further details and instructions about the event will be provided via email closer to the event date.
There’s so much to consider when creating a successful e-commerce website. In this beginner level workshop, you’ll pick up pro tips for selecting the right online sales platform for your business, designing the site so it appeals to your target audience (and people searching for you), safely collecting customer information, and much more.
- Options for setting up e-commerce websites, including Shopify, Squarespace, Square, and WordPress with WooCommerce
- The essential components for a modern, fast, mobile-friendly site that is “future proof” and well optimized for search engines
- What to consider for e-commerce integrations: what they are, how to identify what you need, what to prioritize
- How to ensure your customer is having the best experience on your site, and can find what they’re looking for
- Options for data collection: what information do you need from your customers now, and what might you want to collect now that you could use in the future?
- Overview of Canada’s privacy laws and best practices for handling customer data, terms and conditions, privacy policies
- What you can do yourself and when/how to hire a pro
Laptop computers aren’t absolutely necessary for this class, but we recommend bringing a laptop to follow along.
This workshop is a mask-friendly event. Masks are not absolutely required, but we encourage all participants to wear a face mask for their own safety, and the safety of the instructor and workshop organizers.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who is positive for COVID-19, please do not attend this workshop.